MY PLAN WAS GARRI

 MY PLAN WAS GARRI


My church had a Praise Party last week Friday, and since it is the only kind of party you would ever see me at on a Friday night, I went all out dancing πŸ•ΊπŸ‘―πŸ’ƒ. 

After over two hours of Praise, Prayers, and walking up and down in heels helping new comers and first-timers, I was physically tired and it was time to head home. 

The thought of laying on my bed was bliss😁😁😁

On the way home, I started weighing my dinner options. 

Dancing really does take it out of you, doesn't it? 

I had some stew at home so I thought I would just boil rice and eat with it, but it was already almost 9pm and that would take about another hour before it was ready.. 

Plus.. Healthy living? πŸ˜…

Too late.. 

Option B. 

πŸ€”

“Buy Peanuts and drink garri tonight, boil the rice tomorrow.' πŸ’­

It made sense.

It was faster.

And it was sustainable. 

So BAM!

It was decided and I walked to the junction to board a vehicle home. 

The shop where I was to get peanuts was directly opposite my house and I was quite friendly with the seller, so of course we shared a few laughs. 

Another woman came, she lives on the same street and was also at the Praise Party with her children who were waiting behind her. 

She and I were also friendly because we belong to the same Department in Church, so she was no stranger to me. 

Just as I was about to buy my peanuts, I suddenly found myself talking to this woman playfully and asking her.. 

"Mummy Ini, wetin you cook na, make I come chop"

This has never happened, and it was both shocking and playful to me, but I played it cool. 

Then she turned to her son and said.. 

"Give Precious one plate of rice from that bag, she's a good girl."

I KID YOU NOT! I STARTED DANCING. 

Because.. Whattttt??? 

I had been planning to drink garri and just move on with life, little did I know that my dinner plans had already been made by my Father. 

A caring and very Proactive Father. 

I thanked her joyfully, collected the food and left the shop. 

Opening the food revealed Jollof Rice, plantain and fried beef.. 

Sweet melodyyyyy

πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

I thanked God profusely and ate in joy. 

Now why am I telling you this story?

While I was racking my head and sifting through food options, someone was already carrying my dinner in their bag without even knowing. 

While I was making plans to settle for something small, provision had already been made for a proper meal. 

My plan was garri, God's plan was Jollof Rice. 

Sometimes we forget that His plan is not always our plan. 

Whatever plan you think you have for yourself, I promise you that God's plan is bigger. 

Especially if you are His child and believe in Him. 

This is not limited to worldly possessions or material wealth. 

I charge you today.. 

As you are making plans for your garri, thinking that it'll do for the moment because that's what is available, open yourself up for the opportunity that God will place in your presence. 

Two seconds before I asked what she cooked, it was NOT in my mind to do so. 

But because I was open and present, what had already been prepared for me came into my hands. 

Your Jollof Rice might be around you, closer than you think.. But you are not opening yourself up to be directed and guided. 

No be everytime garri, garri. 

Plan in your own understanding, but give way for the King to do His own bidding as He pleases. 

May we not lose our Jollof Rice while holding on to the thought that garri is enough. 

Amen.

If you haven't already, follow and send me a DM here let's connect

Listen to my podcast on SPOTIFY and enjoy yapping, gist and stories.. 

Or send me a mail to dearitohan@gmail.com

Until Next Time

ITOHAN ✍πŸ’•

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NWOK'OMA..YOU MATTER TOO ❤

Inconvenient Love

UNMARRIED... SO?