What would remain if i lost everything external?
What would remain if I lost everything external?
This is such a thought provoking question, and it definitely causes me to scratch my proverbial beards.
It questions where I place my value, my worth and my identity. Basically asking me who I am without all the attachments and appraisals.
Would I lose my worth?
Would I bury myself in shame and think that I serve no other purpose?
Am I defined by the external labels that brand me?
If I lost everything external.. "My job, my house, my friends, my social media, my money, my recognition," I would be left with me.
And would that be enough?
I will try to be as honest as possible with this because I am still figuring out who I am amidst life's beautiful turning points.
Realistically, I am far from perfect.
Oh absolutely not.
I procrastinate, I am afraid of doing unfamiliar things because, well..I think I'll suck at them.
I stay in my comfortable spaces because it requires little to no efforts at all to ace, seeing that I'm already good at it.
But, I am tenacious.
I have survived phases in my life I didn't think I could, it only hits me after I come out on the other side.
I am kind. No one is too small to receive a smile or too big to receive a hug.
I have a heart that loves, that gives of herself and resources.
If I am stripped of everything external, I would have myself.
My heart,
my love,
my relationship with Jesus, the peace that He gives and the assurance that as long as I am in tune with Him, I have everything.
I don't need to be perfect because He is.
And I operate on His perfection, that is the grace that I enjoy as a child.
And I know that even if I woke up in the rubbles tomorrow, I may cry and miss a roof over my head but I will still lend a helping hand when necessary, pray for a stranger, hug a child, and love my God.
I will have Him.
And regarding the flaws,
the indiscipline I struggle with. I know that needs to be worked on and it will. I give myself a hard time already about it because I know the weight of destiny and assignment that is upon me, I cannot afford to let it be stolen by comfort or the fear of unknown territories.
One day at a time,
one step at a time,
I will do it.
Scared. Terrified. Wobbly. Slowly.
But I will do it.
So yeah, if I lost everything external, I will have Jesus, my heart, and a will that never stays down (an ass that won't quit).
Now I pose this question to you dear reader..
What would remain if YOU lost everything external?
✍️ Dear ITOHAN.
Promoted by Izabella on INSTAGRAM.
Follow me on Instagram Here to watch my videos and follow my journey.
Feel free to say hello and send your responses right here in the comments or my DM
😘😘

This is not a question I want to think about coz if I have to lose everything, then it better be a dystopian world prolly with zombies running around
ReplyDelete😅😅
Delete