If I wasn't a writer.. Who or what would I be?
Oh wow..
I have given this some thought, and the truth is, I think in some parts of my life and at different phases, I'll be all or one of these things.
So here are some of the careers I would have pursued if I was not so hung up on communication, media, and using words to transform lives.
1. Travel Documentary Photographer or Vlogger:
Anyone who knows me knows how much I love to take pictures of landscapes and nature. Trees, sky, buildings, even unaware pictures of my friends. I love to capture raw moments as they happen, not when they are posed to look perfect. I would have traveled to states, countries and cities, documenting their history, cultures, landscapes in photos. Telling stories that would outlive me, frame them, immortalize tthem
PS: I strongly believe I'll still do this, but as a hobby, not a career. NEXT!
2. Chef or Baker:
Oh wow.. I like food. Big surprise. Haha. Of course I would have been a chef.. The simple act of cooking makes me feel like a magician! No, not the act of cooking, the ART OF COOKING. Turning all of these raw ingredients into a meal that sometimes look NOTHING like the materials? Seeing the look on people's faces when they have that first bite? Or spending hours perfecting a recipe so that I can have a signature taste? Yes! It would have been awesome.
PS: I love to cook. And I look forward to hosting monthly barbecues, picnics and so on in my future. Food brings people together, and good food.. Mamamia! does wonders! NEXT!
3. A Singer:
Fun fact, I used to perform on stages back in church events.. I had an amazing voice. Sometimes I still do, but I don't know what happened, it just depreciated. I guess because I don't use it as much anymore. But yea, I would have been a singer. Songs like Adele sings, like Asa sings, now that I'm born again, gospel ministrations to the heavens.
PS: I am still an award winning bathroom singer, you cannot take that from me. Karaoke 🎤? I will enjoy it. NEXT!
4. An actress:
I definitely still see myself doing this at some point. From playing Mary in every Christmas drama from the age of 8, to many other stage characters, to writing my own plays and never producing them, to reenacting famous favorite scenes, there's definitely an actor somewhere inside this woman. Not far from the surface. She will come out. She will. NEXT!
5. Lawyer:
Surprise surprise!! Yes I would have loved to be a lawyer. To defend the weak and uphold the laws. But in this country, it's not something I would ever want anymore honestly. But I sure would have looked dapper in a wig and a gown shouting OBJECTION MY LORD.
Butttt..
I am a writer.
I will be a showrunner,
an accomplished writer/magazine owner,
a public speaker,
a community leader,
an NGO founder,
a published author, and other hats that God places on my head, according to His will.
Writing is the bedrock of everything that I do. I try to not take it for granted because it is a skill that people pay cold hard cash to learn, and I have it for free and sometimes I feel like I don't even know how to use it or haven't learned how to earn with it.
But with one word at a time, one sentence, one paragraph, one page, I will tell stories that millions of people will resonate with, that will transform lives and point the light towards the greatness that is within them, and most importantly, towards the one who makes it all possible. God.
So far, I have written over a hundred pieces across platforms,
published a 117 page fiction novel,
and ALL the scripts for every single video I ever created over the past 5 years.
My writings will bring people together.
Mend hearts.
Make people fall in love.
Forgive themselves and each other.
Find themselves in the words that look like mirrors.
My community will be Holy.
Vibrant.
Committed.
Thriving.
Successful.
Moving.
Learning.
Unstoppable.
Fierce.
The halls will be filled.
The bookstores will be filled, and then empty in no time.
People will smile in recognition and resonation with the fruit of my brain, my mind, and my spirit.
This.. Is... My.. Story.
Itohan. ✍️
If you haven't already, follow me on Instagram here
Follow my WhatsApp Channel where we are building a family of thriving fellows. Here
Also, I yap on my podcast but trust me, you will learn a thing or ten, if not, you can just be entertained by my gist 😅 .. Listen here
Until Next Time.
Amiegbe.






Comments
Post a Comment